Monday 7 March 2011

Dieting with PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 months ago, this is something that I am ok with. At this moment in time I am ok with it.
Mr HB has been an absolute star because he has this mans viewpoint where he is very practical and pragmatic, he tends to bring me down to earth.

So I have started to think about the future and we have been talking quite a lot about what we actually want. We are about to complete on a 4 bedroom house because we know we want children, we know that the house is somewhere we can see ourselves growing our own little family. This got me thinking about how I could help our situation and potentially avoid some of the heartache associated with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome.

This has therefore made me look at my weight, I have a BMI of 29 so I am deemed overweight, by about 2 and a half stone. Mr HB and I feel that we probably wont think seriously about starting a family until I have finished studying. I only have a year left but the mister finishes his apprenticeship in two and we know that money will be a lot easier then so it seems to make sense that we wait about 2 years until we start trying.
Which has given me a time scale. I want to loose the weight before we start trying and I know that the doctors will take us more seriously once we are deemed 'healthy'. We will also be older, at the moment we aren't taken seriously very often because getting married at 19 isn't in vogue!!

To sum up the point, I will be posting about my progress and the type of food I will be eating. I will be following the The Harcombe Diet, I did this diet just before christmas and I had lost about half a stone - then christmas kicked in and I lost the plot!!!

My aim is to find dinners we can both enjoy but that are helpful to my waist!!! I am hoping to do some before and pictures but I need to be brave for that. I will also take progress pictures to make sure I remember and stay motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment