Monday 16 July 2012

Nursery Series - 2. Crochet heart art

I have to be honest here, my pregnancy has been full of crochet hearts, I have been a little obsessed with making them!

Due to my obsession, I have many uses for these crochet hearts, my design is based around Little Birdie Secrets crochet heart pattern. I have adapted this to suit my design needs but this is where I learnt the original skills. 

This is just another way for me to add some colour and texture to the room. I know that I am also posting about filling our house with love and positive words but I really like this idea. 

Another really simple tutorial, arrange the hearts to where you want them to be. I removed the glass from the frame and have kept it in my craft room just in case I need it for something else! I measured the paper that came from the frame to make sure my background would fit.



Then play around with the positioning of the hearts until you are happy.. 

I decided to leave my frame black because I really wanted the colour of the hearts to come through. Then I stuck the hearts to the backing using my hot glue gun. 


Again, I am waiting until I have all my pieces together before I put them on the wall. I am really happy with how it turned out though :)












1 comment: