Friday 16 March 2012

Changes

So this will probably make my mum laugh because I am not one for changes, I strive to achieve things in my life and dread but excitedly anticipate the end. I am mostly talking about the academic goals I set for myself way back when that I am about to complete. Its a great feeling, but an odd feeling. In my 22 years I have always had education, so in completing these eagerly anticipated and worked for goal I am afraid of what comes next.

My  relationship with Andy has only become stronger since learning we are expecting our first child together. I am confident in our love and our understanding of each other because we communicate quite well. Most of the time Andy feels like my greatest gift. Our life feels blessed but worked for. Our love feels right and natural. For the first time since I was 18 I feel like I am completely in the right place. Like every decision and choice we have made so far has been for this moment. Its an overwhelming but unforgettable time that feels like its flying by.

By September this year our entire life and relationship will be completely different. Not a little different. Completely. Andy won't be my priority and I wont be his. We have a whole new dynamic to learn now. My next achievement is to be a good mum balanced with a good wife. Luckily I have the rest of my life to figure this one out ....

1 comment: