Wednesday 8 May 2013

Blogging everyday in May .... Late to the party

Ok so I am a few days late to this, I have so many excuses but I won't share them! I will just get on with catching up ....



Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less
I was born in Plymouth and have never had any desire to leave. I grew up with my sister and lovely parents, did the usual school thing. I did university a bit differently - in that I completed my degree but I chose to do it part time through evening classes and work full time during the day. I met and married my husband within the space of a year when I was 19, he is so much more than I thought a husband would be. Then September 2012 we were blessed with our little girl. I am currently trying this Stay At Home Mum - perfect wife - home maker - bill contributor - crafter role, that is so far extremely fulfilling! 

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at.
This is tricky, I feel like I am pretty average at a lot of things. Good at it is possibly communicating. I like to talk, especially with Andy my husband because we are the strangest compliment I have ever known. We can argue but both be talking about the same thing said in a different way. This sounds like poor communication you say, except now that we have done this for so long we know to act, draw, gesture our points across. It has made us stronger.
I talk a lot to Isabelle because I don't love silence often, because I believe it helps her learn. We have also started baby sign recently and I love that she laughs at me singing at her! But this is such an important age for her cognitive development that I think exposing her to so many positive experiences will help her curiosity and love for life.

Reading this paragraph I might change being good at loving my family?! Hmmm

Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable
I am not sure whether this should be a list or just a few, so, just the really uncomfortables. 
I am really uncomfortable with waving thanks at a crossing. I make myself do it but I feel so stupid that I sweat. Weirdo. 

I don't like feet, I am really not a fan of people putting their feet near me or being bare. Yet I prefer being barefooted.

Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote

Since having Isabelle my outlook on life has changed, I feel a lot more responsible and put probably more pressure on positive decision making. 

I have probably two : 



And that probably says more about me than any of these questions!


Day 5, Sunday: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends.

I truly appreciate and am inspired by Natalie of Winter Love, my baby and her youngest are about 10 weeks apart so she had some brilliant advice for me when I was expecting. She also writes a lot about living in the moment, self love and accepting your own flaws. As a mother, I constantly struggle with not being enough for Isabelle. When I read the other people feel similar or worse, I take comfort in knowing tomorrow is another day and I am not alone in my feelings.
Even if you aren't a parent you will find something you love about Natalie!

Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
What do I do?! Hmmmm, clean, cook, console, encourage, motivate, support. I do a lot of the emotional support for our family, but I think women tend to more than men. 

I make things, which I wish I had a little more time to do but thats not where my life is at the moment. 

I do a lot of accepting at the moment, accepting less sleep and someone else's routine/needs. I don't accept a lot of help.


Day 7, Tuesday: The thing(s) you're most afraid of

Easiest question so far for me, I am extremely afraid of loosing someone in my family. I am afraid of the dark, I am afraid of being alone, I am afraid of loosing my memory. 

I don't know where this one really originates from but sometimes I have these days where I just panic someone is going to die and the only way I have ever dealt with it is by saying to them 'please don't die'. Completely strange, I guess it links in with the being alone. I don't mind a few hours, I am talking in life. I hate the thought of someone being alone, dying alone. I feel so blessed to have so much love in my life that it doesn't make sense to me that others don't have it.

The dark is just stupid. 

I hate the thought of getting old and not remembering Andy, like in the Notebook. I am convinced that scrap booking/journalling/blogging etc keeps me remembering and will help me tell myself if my memory does go.


Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

My advice would be, appreciate your life, your family and friends. Tell them you love and appreciate them because it's over way too quickly. 

So that's it, up to date! Stop by each day to see how this turns out!!







No comments:

Post a Comment